Warning: Undefined array key 4676 in /home/sisens/domains/planpoland.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-table-of-contents/includes/class.post.php on line 265
Warning: Undefined array key 4676 in /home/sisens/domains/planpoland.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-table-of-contents/includes/class.post.php on line 269
The capital can be pretty tiring. So anytime you can you should leave it and check out the amazing little towns around Warsaw.
According to the research short but often holidays are more likely to keep you healthy. So stop thinking about the tropics and check out all the interesting places that are located not further than 2 hours drive from Warsaw and are perfect for a weekend trip out of town.
Small city 90 km from Warsaw, located at the edge of wilderness of the same name. Used to be a birth place of Polish kings, today – location of the biggest power plant in Poland.
What to do:
- see a palace in Kozienice
- visit Royal Springs in the Kozienice’s Wilderness
- kayak on Radomka river
- bike to the banks of river Wisla
- eat the best berry buns in the world! (from June till August)
Kampinos and Żelazowa Wola
These two towns located at the edge of vast Kampinos National Park are perfect for weekend out of town. Which is why they are full of summer houses. Żelazowa Wola is also best known as the location of Chopin’s mansion.
What to do
- hike or bike around Kampinos National Park
- visit museum in Palmiry
- visit house of Chopin in Żelazowa Wola
Zegrzynskie Lake and Gorge in Zegrzynek
Zegrzyńskie Lake is probably the most popular beach destination around Warsaw, so in summer you should be ready for huge traffic jams. But it is worth it. Just forget crowded beaches around Nieporęt and head for Zegrzynek were you find a beautiful gorge.
- spend and afternoon at Klub Mila restaurant
- walk around Gorge in Zegrzynek (Wąwóz Szaniawskiego)
- rent a yacht and sail around the lake
- kayak by Narew or Rządza river
- take a bike trip to the northern banks of the lake
Konstancin Jeziorna and beaches at Vistula river
Konstancin Jeziorna is, next to Podkowa Leśna, the most prestigious neighborhood around Warsaw. Old mansions, smooth river Jeziorka, the graduation tower and a spa. Plus proximity to the beach at river Vistula.
What to do
- take a walk around Kontancin’s street: Sienkiewicza, Żeromskiego, Batorego…
- visit graduation tower
- kayak from Piaseczno to Konstancin
Spala and Inowlodz
This is a great opportunity to visit neighboors at łodzkie voievodship. Spała is a summer capital, a place where all Polish presidents spent their holidays in the twenties. And Inowłodz is one of the oldest towns in Poland.
What to do
- kayak on river Pilica
- visit medieval castle and roman church in Inowlodz
- see Nazi bunker in Konewka
- see Blue springs
- walk around Spała and visit a chapel of Presidents
Kurpie is a beautiful, lushy green land North East from Warsaw. Historically inhabited by free people, masters in hunting and beekeeping.
What to do
- kayak from Łomża to Nowogród on river Narew
- visit open air museum in Nowogród and Wach
- see wooden architecture in Klon
- hike around Czarnia reserve and see 250 years old pines
Transparency: This post was created in cooperation with Kozienice Municipality, but the experience and opinions are exclusively ours.